"Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but fire is so delightful... "Unless you've a heater that not working- "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! There are few things more distressing during the winter months than to discover the furnace is not working! After all, it seems that furnace repairs are never needed on the warm days, or even the days when it would be somewhat "convenient"! No, it is always a cold day when company is expected or someone is home sick... timing, got to love it, right?
Well, actually, keeping furnace repairs from being necessary can be done by employing some preventative maintenance. After all, a wise man once said that, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." So, to keep furnace repairs at a minimum, follow these suggestions from furnace repair pros.
· Having your furnace serviced at least once every couple of years (more is great, but not mandatory) by a furnace technician will keep your furnace in great working order and allow you to stay ahead of any parts that need to be replaced or repaired. Much like keeping the oil clean in your automobile, having a technician look over your furnace can help it run better, thus keeping your home warm without paying higher energy costs.
· Be sure that you have the right size furnace for the square footage of your home. Having a furnace that is either too large or too small means that it will work much harder than necessary making energy cost higher.
· Before you hurry to call in a furnace repair person be certain the pilot light is on, and that the circuit breaker for the furnace is in the "On" position.
· Sometimes, the best way to save is to buy a new one. If your furnace is more than 15 years old, it can actually be more cost effective to upgrade rather than merely repair.
· Be certain that duct work is cleaned and that air filters are replaced as per manufacturer's advice. The filter is there to trap allergens and dirt that can cause people harm as well as gum of the workings of your furnace. Keep in in mind that during the winter season, it can be necessary to change the filters on a monthly basis!
Furnace repairs can truly be a menace to an otherwise perfectly good day! But, if you are willing to take a few preventative actions, you can keep the problems away - or at least be better prepared should a repair be needed! And, when you do find yourself in need of furnace repairs, be sure to call on pros such as Freedom Heating and Air in Detroit. By calling in a professional, you can rest assured - and warm- that you made a wise decision.
Many websites provide additional information on the topic of furnace repairs. One such site worth visiting is http://www.freedomheatingandair.com
Janet Slagell independently authors articles for http://www.WebDrafter.com, Inc. for search engine marketing. The views and opinions expressed in this article are those solely of the author, and not of any other person, company or organization. No guarantee or warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the accuracy, fitness, or use of the content herein.