When it's time to replace or repair your air conditioning system, it is best to do some research. Not all air conditioning repair companies are created equal. In fact, your choice of AC repair companies is probably even more important than your choice of brand of AC. It is best then to take the time to research air conditioning repair companies instead of just picking one out of the phone book and trusting that they are a reliable company to deal with. But how do you select a good heating and cooling company? This article will provide you with the criteria you need to evaluate companies so that you can take a systematic approach to choosing the best company.
1) License: You will definitely want to make sure that the company you choose to go with is licensed. Make sure their license is current also. It is a good idea to make sure that there have not been any complaints or disciplinary actions that have been taken against the company. You can look research a company's contractor's license by visiting www.contractors-license.org.
2) Insurance: When shopping for air conditioning repair services, it is certainly a good idea to see verification that the company is insured also. You will want to ensure that they carry both general liability insurance to protect your property should something go wrong and also worker's compensation insurance should one of their employees get hurt on the job at your house.
3) Qualifications: Heating and cooling systems have become increasingly complex over the years. It is a good idea to make certain that the AC repair company you are looking at has all the proper certifications and training to work on the latest models. There are currently four major organizations that provide HVAC certifications and training. They are:
a. HVAC Excellence
b. NATE - North American Technician Excellence
c. RSES - Refrigeration Service Engineer's Society
d. UA Star
4) Positive Referrals: It's also a very good idea to check on the company's references. Any good AC repair company will be able to provide you with a solid list of referrals so you can verify the quality of work they do. If they cannot produce many references, you should continue looking elsewhere. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau to see what complaints they have had against them and if they resolved them appropriately or not.
5) Easy to Get in Reach: You will also want to make sure the HVAC companies you are considering have a stable history. Ensure that they have been operating in the same city for a good length of time and have a physical address you can locate them and not just a mobile phone number. It is best if they are easy to reach by telephone and have a 24 hour emergency service available too.
Comfortable to Deal With: Finally, you must rely on your intuition. Be confident that the people you will be working with make you feel comfortable. You want to be choosing an air conditioning repair company that you feel good about working with for many years to come. Save yourself the time of having to start over with your research. Establishing a good relationship with an AC repair company that you will feel good about for many years to come should be your ultimate goal.
They license and insure all their employees and only hire technicians with superior credentials and work histories. Best yet, they offer free estimates. Visit their website today by clicking www.airconditioningrepair.net
|The author invites you to visit: